Monday, March 3, 2014

#DivergentTour Photos from #DivergentATL

Carmen and Lisa covered the Atlanta event tonight and here is what Carmen had to say about the evening:
I'm not sure how to summarize what a wonderful night I had covering the "black" carpet for Divergent. The large crowd that gathered here in Atlanta was buzzing with excitement! We were lucky to have the two main stars of the movie; Shailene Woodley & Theo James. I have been full of anticipation waiting on this movie & it did not disappoint! I always love to watch a book come to life on screen.  As in most cases there are slight changes from book to movie but overall I feel, Neil Burger did a great job. I watched the movie with a friend who has not read the book & she followed along without many questions. I was also lucky enough to talk to both stars from the carpet. I asked Shailene about her favorite scene to film. She discussed the Ferris wheel scene in great detail. It was cool watching this part after hearing her take on it. I asked Theo about filming one of my favorite parts of the book. The scene where he is under simulation & sees his friends as enemies & attacks Tris. He said this was actually his favorite part to film. He discussed the unconventional love that they have for each other & how they are "equal" partners. I really do recommend this movie even if you haven't read the book. It's full of action, suspense, & of course a love story.


What Carmen doesn't talk about is the fact that FOX News then asked her to do their interviews for them... bad news for me, great news for her. It was crazy and not many fansites were getting interviews, but with a FOX news mic in hand, Carmen had the opportunity to interview BOTH Shailene and Theo... of course she sent me awesome photos of the whole thing which I am excited to share with you...



Thinking about the question asked

Interview with Shailene


Theo and Shailene in Atlanta


Theo and Shailene in Atlanta answering questions

Atlanta interview with Theo James
Blurry fan photo - Lisa and Shai




**Feel free to share these photos, but please link back to this blog post.


No comments: