Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Great Gatsby.... Loved it!

I took my daughter to see The Great Gatsby finally and we loved the movie.

I have to preface this with the fact that I hadn't last read the book in a quite a few years, I loved Baz's Romeo & Juliet, and the movie was full of some amazing actors I admire.

Now, having said that, I have to add the other reasons I absolutely loved the movie.

1. I saw it in 3D and I thought the cinematography was stunning. The parties were my favourite, obviously, but it just brought everything to life. I often dislike 3D too!

2. I loved the way the story unfolded, with Tobey Maguire at the start and end and the way it all came together.

3. I love Tobey and Leo together, they are best friends in real life and I can only imagine how much fun the filming would have been.

4. The humour. I loved Leo as Gatsby, the "tea party" scene was so funny.... he captured Gatsby's eccentric side very well.

5. The fashion. I loved the costumes, especially the hats. My daughter, who chopped all her hair off last September to donate to cancer, loved seeing all the short - haired girls.

6. The music. Such a juxtaposition between old jazz music from the era and modern rap and pop songs. I laughed so loud when Gatbsy was driving irratically down the street and passed the car of 'gangstas' and rap music started playing. It was funny but fitting.

7. It told the story well, like if you hadn't read the book (like my daughter) you could still follow the plot well.

Have you seen it? Thoughts?


great gatsby

No comments: