Monday, January 28, 2013

The Carrie Diaries Confession....

So, I have to admit it, I have been forced into confession because of the new show "The Carrie Diaries"....


I have never, ever, not even once, seen a single episode of Sex in the City... oops, I have been corrected, it is "Sex & the City" see - epic fail!


I have always been a "watch from the start" kind of gal and when it hit my radar it was already in it's 3rd or so season and I didn't have PVR (did it even exist in late 90s?) and so I just never watched it.... fast forward to about 2008 when the Sex and the City movie comes out... all my friends are having parties and I was all "meh"


Now, The Carrie Diaries comes out, and I have a bit of interest but decide not to bother... I have too many shows to watch currently, I didn't watch Sex & the City, who cares right?


WRONG!


I gave in... it was the amazing 80s fashion and music that I couldn't resist... I had to watch... just once.... but I loved it!


SERIOUSLY loved it!!!


So, now I am obsessed! I don't care that I don't know Sex & the City, nor that some references may come up that I don't clue into without having seen Sex & the City.... I still love it!


It is timely too, Gossip Girl is gone and I need my fashion, drama from New York City... even if it is (ok ESPECIALLY if it is) in the 80s... best decade ever!!!


I love AnnaSophia Robb from Bridge to Terabithia and Austin Butler is adorable... reminds me a bit of Chord Overstreet... he looked so familiar to me but I couldn't place him. I IMDB'd him and then remembered.... JONES from Life Unexpected!!!

Life Unexpected was filmed here in Vancouver, I wish I'd spent more time by sets... I bumped into a lot of the cast in town, but never him... sadly ;)


Anyways, I confess, I love The Carrie Diaries, but I need you Sex & the City fans to let me know if stuff comes up that I would miss having not seen Sex & the City ok?





No comments: