Monday, June 25, 2012

Hunger Games: Catching Fire Casting News...

Lot's of rumours about who will play who in the upcoming Catching Fire which is set to start filming "soon" (I believe middle July - not sure)

EW reports:

Alice will not be entering the arena.

Contrary to a report last week, Mia Wasikowska is not vying for the role of headstrong tribute Johanna Mason in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. According to the Alice in Wonderland star’s reps, Wasikowska has neither been approached for the role, nor would be able to play it given other film commitments she has for 2012.

Model/actress Zoe Aggeliki was also mentioned as a potential candidate for the role, but Lionsgate has not yet responded to a request for confirmation.

Also at last night's Magic Mike premiere, former WWF/WWe wrestler Kevin Nash (remember his as Diesel in wrestling? I sure do!) said he may be cast in Catching Fire as well..... “I just pray it’s recurring, that he doesn’t get killed,”

Meanwhile Lil' Romeo aka Romeo Miller has allegedly met with casting directors for consideration for a role in Cathing Fire. Which character? We don't know... Watch this interview with MTV...



Here’s the transcript from MTV:


But for his next roles, Miller has his sights set on an acting career similar to Will Smith. “I want to be the next big action hero or I want to do a lot of romantic type movies, romantic comedies, a little bit of everything, but definitely the next action hero,” Miller said, and then added, “You can see me in ‘The Hunger Games’ or something like that. Just throwing that out there.”

Though he admitted to not being very familiar with Suzanne Collins’ books, Miller confirmed that there has been some discussion about possibly joining “Catching Fire,” which is currently casting.

“I actually just met with Lionsgate about that, so you may be seeing me in one of the ‘Hunger Games.’ That’s all I’m saying,” Miller said. “Not a particular role, we just had a meeting, seeing if it was something I was interested in. I can’t really talk too much, or they’ll kill you. You know how ‘The Hunger Games’ is.”

So many rumours, can't wait for some official announcements!

No comments: