Sunday, June 24, 2012

Arie Interview - Bachelorette

I am getting excited for tomorrow's Bachelorette. It *seems* they will address Arie's "BAGGAGE" as I call it. His past relationship with producer Cassie, the gal who basically spend day and night with Emily as her best/closest friend and confident during filming. Awesome!

I am glad they are (seemingly) going to address it. I know, however, that they will NOT address his other baggage, the stories of him on the road and banging his best friends girls... ya - brutal!


Reality TV World interviewed Arie... Here is part of it, but there is much more at their site.

Reality TV World: There's been some skepticism that you, being a race car driver, just happened to apply for The Bachelorette considering the coincidence of Emily's background story and her ex-fiance Ricki. So why did you initially apply to go on the show and how did that come about? Did you apply on your own because you wanted a chance with Emily or did you not know much about Emily prior to appearing on the show?

Arie Luyendyk Jr: Well, I didn't know anything about Emily -- well I mean, I've watched a little bit of The Bachelor, the season with Ben and Courtney. And I was actually at a race and I got a conference call from the producers asking me about another driver, and so we talked about that other driver, and eventually I was like, "This guy is probably not ready to settle down."

And then jokingly I just said, "Well, what about me?" And they sort of laughed it off and they said, "Well, we'll let you know if there's an opening, but we think we have everybody." And then a lot of time went by and they called me back, and it was very close to taping. They said, "Are you still interested?"

And by that time, I knew Emily was The Bachelorette, and one of my friends who watches the show all the time -- her name's Christina -- she just told me, "You need to go on the show. Emily is right for you. I know your personality. I know your type." So when they called back, I said, "Yes, definitely."

For me, it was so unexpected and it was very cool, because when I showed up, I didn't know anything about her. I didn't know her last name. All I saw was a picture on an iPhone from Google and it was cool, because I really went into it sort of with no expectations, and I think that's what made it the most fun.

Reality TV World: Would you ever consider proposing to Emily without bonding with and really getting to know her daughter Ricki first? What are your thoughts on that?

Arie Luyendyk Jr: I think you'll definitely have to see the show for that, because there's a lot that'll happen. And you know, I take a big risk this week and I break the rules, and I may not even get that opportunity.

Reality TV World: At this point in the season, did you feel like Emily reciprocated those feelings for you? Did you think she was falling in love with you?

Arie Luyendyk Jr: I felt like it. I felt like she gave me a lot of confidence, and I think it's always really hard -- the situation is very difficult because she's seeing other people, so you want to be reassured. And I feel like, at this point, she definitely reassured me that she had feelings for me and that's what I think made me so confident.

Reality TV World: Would you have any interest in becoming the next The Bachelor star if you don't end up with Emily?

Arie Luyendyk Jr: (Laughs) Well, you know, my fiancee might not approve of that. (Laughs) No, I'm just joking. (Laughs) Basically, it's hilarious because I know that's a hot topic right now, but who knows what will happen. If I am engaged to Emily, I don't think it's possible for me to become the next Bachelor.


Read more at Reality TV World

You can also read part 2 here.

No comments: