Friday, September 16, 2011

Abduction VIP Screening #Abductionlive

Last night i drove down to Seattle with a friend to see the VIP Screening of Abduction. We arrived to our own mini red carpet complete with photo session, swag bag and VIP Treatment.

When we arrived we got an awesome Abduction t-shirt and walked the red carpet in the theatre to the photo session. There was a giant Abduction back drop which we could pose in front of and have our photos taken on their camera as well as our own if we asked.

Then we were given a swag bag with a cell phone/ipod case, a mini poster, and a VIP screening tag on a lanyard.

When we went into the theatre our seats were reserved with our group name and we had the best seats in the house (you know, 2nd row of the main section with the wheel chair seats in front so the bars are there to put your feet up on ha ha)

We watched the red carpet on the big screen and mingled with other fans.

Here are some red carpet photos:

Also my bloggy-buddies over at Twilightish have exclusive photos they got from the red carpet last night - HERE

We were snapping photos, tweeting, and having a great time.

Then the movie started and we put our phones away and enjoyed the flick.

It was such an amazing event and the movie was so much more than I expected. I mean, I knew it was an action film and hottie Taylor Lautner was in it BUT I thought the plot was really great. The story was well written and the twists and action scenes were just right.

I was impressed with Taylor's skills, I know he is a talented martial arts guy, but seeing him fight and jump and move - amazing!

I also thought his scenes with Lily Collins were quite emotional, their chemistry was pretty good and there is a scene on a train that was pretty hot!

The "bad guy" played by Michael Nyqvist was really awesome! Perfect villian really! I also enjoyed Denzel Whitaker as Nathan's best friend.

I won't spoil the plot but I realized I knew very little about this film before going in and was plesantly surprised by how it all played out. There was often uncertainty about who was good or bad and what their connection was to everything going on.

The best part for me was that I know I can take my husband to see it because he will love it also. It is a huge jump for Taylor Lautner, and I hope its a sign of the kinds of movies we can see from him in the future. He said on the red carpet how he had to leave Jacob Black behind while filming this movie because it was such a different role. I think it showcased his talent for stunts and acting and will lead to more big roles for him. The comments of being the next action star are NOT far-fetched, trust!

I also really liked knowing that there is room for a sequel, and on the red carpet before hand John Singleton hinted that there may in fact be on.... I really hope so!

It was aa long drive but well worth it for such a fun fan event and amazing movie! I can't wait to get the soundtrack on Tuesday and take my husband to see the movie next weekend!

Here are some interviews fromthe red carpet

Taylor talks about the "leading man action star preparation" Taylor talks about Stunts and Lily Collins

1 comment:

Dangrdafne said...

I can't wait to see this movie!! I am very excited. I am also thrilled that I can take hubby and he will probably enjoy it too. Thanks for the recap!