Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer Movies 2011 - Are you ready?

Summer is a time for movies. If you are cheap like me you will try to sneak into as many movies as possible in a weekend or hitup the drive-in theatre where for a mere $12.50 you can see three movies (2new ones, 1 older one, but it is still three movies, one low price, if you canstay awake that long!

Lot's of movies coming out this summer... some are obvious must-see's other's intrigue me... here are some clips/trailers/comments/release dates...

More...

May

We have already started this month and I have seen Bridesmaids and Something Borrowed. I also went to the drive-in and slept through Rango, Thor and a third movie... oops!

Still, this month I hope to check out a few of the following flicks:

Skateland.

Not a fan of Ashley Greene, but love the 80s. Even so0 I can get my 80s fix with ANY OTHER 80s MOVIE... or even a modern movie that takes place in the 80s... Adventureland please? We'll see, this islikely a dvd wait...



Beautiful Boy

I must see this. I cry watching the trailer even! It will be an embarassing bawling movie but I love the actors, I sympathize with the plot and I must see this!



Midnight in Paris

To be honest, I know very little about this film but I like the cast and know Rachel and Michael hooked up on set so I kinda wanna watch it. Starring Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Michael Sheen,Adrien Brody and Carla Bruni Sarkozy.



Pirates

I need to re-watch previous ones before I go see this. I know I am bizarre but it is just how I roll... do it for HP (everytime) and did it for SAW and every other series'd movie.



Hangover 2

I loved the first one and can't wait to see the second one!



Kung Fu Panda 2

Will take the kiddo :)



Tree of Life

Great cast, touchey topic. About life



June

Xmen First Class

I like Xmen, so does my hubby. I think this wll be cool since it's more of a prequel.



Super 8

I love JJ Abrams and combined with Spielberg... epic! Plus Dakota Fanning's lil sis Elle is in it and the trailer looks cool... strange.. but cool.



Green Lantern

Canadian Hottie Ryan Reynolds (ok I never considered him a hottie but he has his moments) hub is anxious to see this... looks cool, I will check itout.



Mr. Popper's Penguins

I read this ages ago. Very cute!



Cars 2

OMG this wll be awesome! Loved first one and waited a long time to see this !



Bad Teacher

I think this movie will not be great BUT the trailer makes me laugh and I love Justin Timberlake as an actor (shocking I know - I just think he is amaze)



JULY

Transformers

To be honest, my husband loves these movies, I tolerate them. The first one was good I barely recall the second and don't care much to see the third... this is the third isn't it?



Larry Crowne

This movie, the idea, is kind of boring, plain blah... but it is Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, so by default it will do well right? I don't know, I want to check it out...



Zoo Keeper

Don't judge me... this looks cute! Like Night at the Museum but in a zoo?



Horrible Bosses

This will probably be dumb, but I saw the trailer the other day and giggled enough that I would probably go check it out anyways.



Winnie the Pooh

Loved this story and cartoon so excited to take my kiddo to see the movie.



Harry Potter

Nothing to say here - quite obvious!



Avenger

More my husbands thing but I am intrigued by cute boys - Chris Evans mmm



Friends with Benefits

I hadn't even heard of this movie until I saw it preview the other today. Andy Samberg, Mila Kunis, Emma Stone, Justin TImberlake, Woody Harrleson, Patricia Clarkson, Jenna Elfman, the list goes on... looks funny and cute.



Cowboys and Aliens

thought it would be dumb but would see it for Olivia Wilde (girlcrush) but turns out it looks kinda interesting, maybe.



SMURFS

80s love though these guys look kinda creepy... maybe they did inthe 80s too? *shrugs* I do like Doogie Howser, er, Neil Patrick Harris and Jayma Mays (Heroes, Glee) but George Lopez, Katy Perry and more are also in it (via voice)



Crazy Stupid Love

This is another one that looks good. I love Emma Stone though (Another girl crush sorry) BUt more importantly, Ryan Gosling - - HELLO? hottie! I predict Emma Stone is Steve Carrall and Julianne Moore's daughter - who knows! It looks funny and lot's of eye candy! Watch for the Twilight line in the trailer LOL



AUGUST - Coming Soon!




So which ones are you most looking forward to seeing? Any I missed that are worth checking out? COmment Below!

No comments: