Monday, April 4, 2011

The Hunger Games Movie Casting: Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as Gale

Hutcheron will play Peeta and Hemsworth will play Gale.


EW Writes:

Josh Hutcherson (The Kids are All Right) and Liam Hemsworth (The Last Song) have joined the cast of Hunger Games in the roles of Peeta Mellark and Gale Hawthorne, respectively, Lionsgate announced today in a release. Both actors will star opposite Jennifer Lawrence, who will play Katniss Everdeen, the heroine who volunteers to represent her remote district in the brutal annual survival test. Hutcherson, for one, has long thought he was right for the part: Check out his Q&A with EW’s Karen Valby at SXSW, in which the actor talks about his desire to play Peeta.

The Hunger Games, based on Suzanne Collins’ best-selling trilogy, will be directed by Gary Ross and released by Lionsgate on March 23, 2012.


Mandy's Mind:

Not thrilled.

I keep telling myself that people hated Robert Pattinson when he was first cast as Edward Cullen, but I just love Peeta in the book and I don't see or feel it with Josh Hutcherson.

It's not just he "looks" wrong, I am not a fan.... I mean he is attached to Vanessa Hudgens who I dislike, ok, ok I am being judgey, but it IS Mandy's Mind Blog so I am allowed.

I think even if Josh and Liam swapped roles it would be a bit better - but we shall see. I think Liam is pretty on the eyes, and Josh has a few angles that are cute but I wanted to swoon over Peeta on film and I don't know if I can or will with this casting.

Additionally, I think Jennifer and Liam will have better chemistry (again just judging) so I would have rather had Liam as Peeta if need be.... (though we all know who I was rooting for *le sigh*)

Thoughts?

3 comments:

SpunkyBookworm said...

The swoon factor is not what I care about, it's about the fact that they are totally wrong to play the characters! GRRR!! It better be good anyway. BTW, you liked my red streaked hair at Seattle TwiCon. What was funny, is I knew you looked familiar, but didn't realize who you were till you got up on stage. Then I turned to my friend and squealed "MANDY LIKED MY HAIR!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mandy's Mind said...

Ha ha ha that is so funny! Yea i loved the streaks! I finaly managed to get jet black with purple/violet halo but it's fading... back to blonde in may i think....

anyways - swooning is important for me only because when i read i swooned ha ha - i think it will work out i mean we have to assume / hope they can act the parts or they wouldn't have been cast right? *fingers crossed* ha ha

SpunkyBookworm said...

We fans will like it either way. I just wish we could pick 'em. :D

You do well blonde! Nice summer color for you. Hair for all seasons.