Friday, July 16, 2010

TwiFans talks to Stephenie Meyer about "Rude Bella"

Here is more from when Stephenie Meyer met with fansites:

BELLA LEAVING WITH JACOB ON THE MOTORCYCLE
Instead of running off with Jacob when Edward was off hunting, Bella jumps on a motorcycle right in front of Edward's face. The day the clip came out, all I heard was "Bella would never do that!" or "Book Bella would have never hurt Edward like that!"

Here is the clip:



Here is what Stephenie said to TwiFans.com:

Twifans.com ask Stephenie Meyer about Bella leaving with Jacob on the motorcycle by twifans


Transcription:
Alison: This is the only disruption in the force so far. The motorcycle clips. Where Bella gets on the motorcycle with Jacob. Our members wanna know, they don’t think that book Bella would have done that, would have ever hurt Edward like that.

SM: I have heard, I have read the comments, and I said the exact same thing. That was one of those days that I flew down. I'm like the way that this you know in the script I said the way that this is written her getting on the back of the bicycle is a direct response here "You lied to me, well I’m going with him” & we were able the day of, they cut down the clip that they played for MTV and stuff, we were able to soften it. We were able to get some lines in and you’ve seen the whole thing, so you know there’s a breakaway we tried to put in….her response to Edward, and then now it becomes about Jacob. “Why haven’t you called me?” We tried as hard as we could to soften, how that went down so it didn’t feel like, something “Well, I’m gonna go get on the back of his motorcycle” because I felt like that was NOT Bella at all & it's not assertive, it’s rude. You know what I mean. It’s not like….

Alison: It’s too reactionary

SM: It’s not like, “I’m a strong female character” It’s like “I’m a jerk”

Alison: We were mad at movie Bella. (Laughs) Book Bella and I were okay, but movie Bella & I were like uh.

SM: That was more or less my same reaction. I think that in the form that it exists in the film……its better now. I think it works somewhat. I still think it’s kind of a stretch that she would do that. You only have so much you can do. That was one I lost. Early in I lost that one. You do what you can do.

Alison: They’ll be happy you agree!


Mandy's Mind - I loved her hopping on the motorbike, it was bad ass ha ha

[Source: TwiFans.Com]

No comments: