Wednesday, May 26, 2010

L.A. Baby

I booked my flight!

It's offical!

I will be in L.A for a week in June.

OF COURSE I am wishing I could afford to go for a month, but the reality is I can't even afford this week I am going for so *shurgs*

The day BEFORE I arrive is a red carpet event for True Blood at at the Arclight Cinerama Dome - Seriously, I think I'd rather see Alexander Skarsgård for a first time than Robert Pattinson again *don't hate me - just saying*

A week AFTER I leave is the Eclipse Premiere Event. I'd love to experience it, but I don't do multiple days camping out so I'd never make it even if I was in town.

In leiu of this I will try to attend a different red carpet premiere while in L.A. Sadly, A-Team is a week before I arrive, as is Killers and Splice.... Ashton Kutcher, Katherine Heigl, Adrien Brody, Sarah Polley, Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Jessica Biel.... not on my agenda sadly.

Also in town for an event while I am there Leonard Nimoy.... who just happens to be coming to Vancouver for a Star Trek Convention the following week anyways... *sigh*

2 days after I leave? Tori Spelling! Ha HA

So I may be missing some cool (or at least interesting) celebs but I have one glorious week to spend how I wish and here are the things I WILL plan to do and see.

Here they are in no particular order:

- Creation Entertainment's Twilight Convention. This is the big reason I am going and with tons of awesome cast scheduled and even more down the street at the Eclipse press junket, I anticipate great things in my Twilight universe.

- Toy Story 3 Premiere (Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Whoopi Goldberg, Michael Keaton, Don Rickles, Bonnie Hunt, John Ratzenberger, Joan Cusack red carpeting)

I've never done this so I will turn to some twitter gals who are experts and see if it's worth popping by to see what I can see as a fan near or at this kind of event.

-Talk Shows. I've obtained tickets for Jay Leno, Craig Fergunson, and am hoping / waiting to hear from Jimmy Kimmel and George Lopez.

Not sure guests on the shows I have tickets for but hoping for someone cool. Kimmel I am sure I won't get sadly... but you never know if someone needs a +1 *hint-hint-big-smile*

-Water for Elephants. I would love to pop by the WFE Set, even if it's not filming, just to see the props and set itself. I am thinking Rob is so busy with Press stuff, perhaps they won't be filming and I can get close for a peek. It's an hour+ our so I am not sure if I will, we shall see what the other gals are interested in most.

-Beaches. I need some beach time. Oh, and Santa Monica Pier. Only 15 minutes from the hotel (traffic dependant as always is the case in LA) I want to do all the boardwalks and just take in the sun, ocean, beach... not that it is *MUCH* different than here (Pacific Ocean... just further South ah ha) but somehow it feels more magical in California non?

-Top Spots. My grandparents used to live in L.A so it's not like I have never been, but I was 7 and we did things like Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, beach, etc. I want to scope out all the "typical" sight-seeing spots if I get time. Things like Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Griffith Observatory, Hollywood Sign, Venice Beach, Rodeo Drive, The Getty Center, etc. "Touristy" Stuff.

I could go on but I am starting to feel like people who can't go won't like reading this so - *zip*

I did call today to learn about different add-on cell plans so I can tweet and blog live from my blackberry since I don't have a lap top.... the rates are pretty high but I am hoping to be able to work something out.

I have some cool stuff I am giving away to anyone who is able to donate to Mandy's Mind. <------- Check it out!

I can't wait - two weeks to go - - - If you have questions you want me to submit on your behalf at the convention leave them in the comments below or email them to me.

Cheers,
Mandy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mandy!! have a nice and good trip. I really hope you can do all the things you are planning to do. For me it is completely impossible to go, I live in South America..so far in a small country, my only way to keep my Twilight universe alive is by internet SO I REALLY LIKE READING THIS...I hope you take a lot of pic, and tell us everything!! I will enjoy it, as I'd have been there.
AMI

QuiltNut Creations said...

you are going to have a great time!

and i would totally pass up meeting Rob to get to meet Alexander lol.