Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Michael Sheen on 30 Rock


You may know Michael Sheen from his portrayal of Tony Blair in the acclaimed historical drama The Queen, or as the first name in Frost/Nixon. Your kids may know him from New Moon as the evil vampire king, or the Underworld series' werewolf. Now you'll see him on TV.

"I did a couple of episodes of 30 Rock that'll be out soon," Sheen said. "I'm doing a bit of 30 Rock which is great."

It sounds like he'll play a love interest to Liz Lemon (Tina Fey). At least he spent all his time working with her. "I was with Tina and all my stuff was with Tina. She asked me if I would do these couple of episodes."

After Dennis, Floyd and all Lemon's other catastrophic relationships, we can't wait to see what kind of crazy character she wrote for Sheen. "Her problems with men are not about to stop. I can tell you that now."

The comedy will be a nice change of pace for Sheen, who has excelled at dramatic, historical and fantasy roles. "I hope it's comedy because it would look a bit stupid if I was there doing something that wasn't funny," he joked.

Just shooting in New York was an exciting experience for him. "I got to do a scene actually in Rockefeller Plaza which was great. It was brilliant. I loved being on that."

30 Rock airs Thursdays on NBC.

[Source]

No comments: