Monday, January 11, 2010

No more Spiderman 4



Tobey Maguire and filmmaker Sam Raimi have quit Spiderman 4 over a reported script issue.

Just last week (ends08Jan10), a Columbia studios source revealed the sequel had been put on hold indefinitely due to script problems.

And now Daily Variety reports the film's star and director have departed the project, and Columbia executives are planning to make a prequel about Spider-Man's alter-ego, Peter Parker, as a teenager instead.

James Vanderbilt has already written a script for the alternative, which will be produced by Marvel Comics boss Avi Arad and movie mogul Laura Ziskin.

Raimi, who publicly expressed his dislike for the idea behind Spider-Man 4, says, "While we (Maguire and I) were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job."

A new director and star will be announced in the coming weeks.


Mandy's Mind - This blows. I mean, could a new script not just be "re-done"? This reeks of something more doesn't it? I mean, if the script was shitty, they could re-vamp it... ah well, a prequel will be interesting... maybe... I want James Franco!


[source]

2 comments:

Dianna said...

YOU want James Franco?!?? You & a million other women!! The guy is stunningly gorgeous! He's actually my current 'human interest'. Don't believe me? Come see for yourself! I've been blogging about him for the past 3 years! My last few entries have been all his scenes on General Hospital. I'm not a soap fan but if Franco's on it, I'll tune in! Come visit & leave a msg so I know you popped in! There's lots of pics, vids, fan fiction, articles, etc...

OH! And thanx for this bit of news about SM4!

QuiltNut Creations said...

i haven't seen a single one of these lol