Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Twilight Examiner Interviews Tinsel Korey


Amanda Bell, the Twilight Examiner, was able to talk with Tinsel Korey about her most recent project and New Moon.


“Q: So I’m really interested in what you’ve been doing, kind of philanthropically. I mean, I’m really amazed at you’ve done with the Quileute Nation, and I’d just like to hear kind of looking back if you would do it again and if we could look forward to seeing you go back to Quileute Nation and teach the kids another time?

A: Yeah absolutely! I talk about it all the time about how I miss them because of how that journey … as much as they feel I gave them something, they gave me something. With their generosity for inviting me there, and I love and care about the kids so much. It’s not just about pushing acting. I wanna go back and make sure I can teach them to employ whatever aspirations that they have. It’s not just about acting, it’s about teaching them what they wanna do. I’m like ‘What do you guys wanna do?’ And they’re like ‘well I like to hang out with my friends,’ and I’m like ‘that’s great because you guys have this beautiful surf area.’ The kids figure out a way in order to make it a surf shop. I just give them some ideas. And they’re like ‘Oh that’s cool.’ It’s just a little bit of things that you don’t think about, like something’s that you like doing and you realize how to make that a career for yourself and still be happy. Some people feel like ‘Oh, I have to take a nine to five job,’ but it’s like no, you can do what you love and make it into a profession. So yeah, I definitely wanna go back there and just look at them and learn more about who are they are as a people. The whole reason I went to the Quileute Nation is that I wanted to know their thoughts about the whole Twilight thing. You know, to get their views on it, and also find out what I can do as an actress in the film to help their causes, and what they wanna say to the world. Definitely want to go back for sure.”


[See More here

No comments: