Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tú magazine’s NEW MOON Feature


Tú magazine’s latest issue has new interviews with Taylor, Kristen, Michael, Nikki, Jackson and Kellan. Twilight Poison split this post into three, so you’ll see Taylor and Kristen’s interviews first.

All the interviews are new, since Tú traveled to Vancouver to speak with them


Taylor Lautner.

How has your life changed since the success of Twilight?

The Twilight experience has given me a new life. My daily schedule has changed a lot, I’m very busy now. We filmed Twilight and when we were done, we started doing promotion tours and all these fun things. Until the movie came out we were able to rest and go home, but then almost immediatly we went back to film New Moon.

What do you think of the fans of the saga?

The fans are very cool. Very passionate. I’ve had some crazy encounters with some of them, but it’s been fun so far (laughs). I’m very thankful because if it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be here.

Do you think hey helped you keep the role of Jacob Black?

Definitely. I know I could’ve worked just in Twilight, and that would’ve been my whole involvement with the saga. That’s why I thank them for their support. It’ll be cool when I finally get to thank them in person.

Has fame changed the way you present yourself to the audience?

Sometimes I’m afraid of going out, especially when there’s a lot of fans who want to come up to you, but I try to have as much fun as possible with the fame. Sometimes I have to hear a hat and glasses to go out and not be recognized. Depends on the day.

What are the differences that you find between the two directors of Twilight and New Moon?

Both are great, very talented. Catherine’s mind is very quick and she has many great ideas. She loves working wit young people. Chris is very calm and cool.

How do you feel about working again with Kristen and Rob?

Kristen is great, I have a lot of fun with her, we’re very close and the chemistry we have behind the scenes will be reflected in the movie. Rob and I are friends in reallife, but when the cameras start rolling we loathe each other.

Kristen Stewart

How do you feel about returning to the set for the sequel of Twilight?

It’s so surreal to be back. It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a year, and now it’s happening. I could not wait to be back.

What were you doing in the months prior to starting the filming of New Moon?

It was hard. Usually you do a movie and there’s a long grieving process after you’re done filming it, and you let go of the character. You need to let this character leave your mind. But I could not get rid of Bella. I worked in other projects and it wasn’t hard to go back to Twilight.. Maybe it was because I had the book as a reference, or because I knew I was coming back.

What happens with your character in New Moon?

Bella loses the guy she’s in love with. I’m sure that’s happened before to many people. She forgets all about her life plans and she’s too young to experience something like that. She glorifies her own bad break-up, the worst break up anyone can go through. She questions everything and she even jumps off a cliff onto the frozen ocean.

Is this a test for Bella?

She’s a very brave woman, but she’s going through something that’s ripping her apart. It doesn’t matter how perfect Jacob is at the moment for her, she’s still faithful to Edward, even if it’s not comfortable, unpractical and not a good idea.

How much did your life change after Twilight?

My life hasn’t changed. Most of the circumstances in which I’ve found myself are very different from what they were a year ago, but I personally haven’t changed, just the normal changes of an 18 year old girl and all she can grow in 365 days.

What’s your responsibility wit the fans of the book?

It’s weird to give life to a character that people know so well, so you don’t know if you are going to meet their expectations or not. But they read the book in a very different way. Sme people pay attention to certain details, and others follow the story differently. But we do have a huge responsability with the audience and the fans of the books, and that’s why we’re here. We thank the fans who let us do what we love, and that is the biggest pleassure.

What is it like to work with a different director for the sequel?

As an actor you never work with the same director, even if it is a sequel. I love Catherine, she’s a dear friend of mine, but now I think Chris understands the story better and identifies himself more with it. Aside from all the technical things, he’s very devoted to it, it’s weird that a guy is so passionate about it, but I can tell you that he’s one of the most compassionate human biengs I’ve ever met. He worries about the story so much, and we need that to be able to develope our characters, so he’s the perfect director for New Moon.

What can we expect in this movie?

You’ll see a girl whose life is in order, and then all of a sudden her existance stops being the way it was. It’s about how you have to recover and be fine again. There’s vampires and werewolves, so this confrontation for her love makes it more exciting. Rob looks very handsome in this one, so does Taylor, so the fans will not be disappointed. Both are great in this movie.

Twilight Poison will post the interview with Michael Welch in part 2 of the post. Click here for the scans.

No comments: