Saturday, November 21, 2009

My New Moon Experience #2

So last night I went to Cactus Club Coquitlam with some friends, my adopted twi-daughter and my husband. We enjoyed appies, bevvies and dinner then headed to the theatre to See New Moon.

It was my twi-daughters first time and my husbands first time, the rest of us it was #2 within 2 days - hard core yes, but not as hardcore as SOME I know who are on multiple times within 24 hours....

I have to say I enjoyed it more the 2nd time. I knew which parts of the book were out, slightly altered, adjusted and more importantly what parts were included and how they were portrayed. This took the element of surprise, shock, unknowing and most of all anxiety about it all, away.

I felt like I could sit back and enjoy the film as it was, instead of analyze everything and wonder if something was coming up or how it would be portrayed. I still found my self looking at the parts I remembered them filming in my own backyard and remembering when, where, how, tricks, memories etc. but it was less of a distraction.

I picked up a few things I missed the first time, though i was so attentive Thursday night there wasn't much I missed luckily.

I kept trying to give play-by-plays to my husband who told me to be quiet which cracked me up - he was into it - - - he really enjoyed it also, no he hasn't read the books, though he knew the basics because when I read them I'd give him a summary each night of what I'd read that day ha ha.

I converted my friend Karen, who didn't like it after Thursday's screening, but after a 2nd viewing (and me in her ear with my opinions on how and why I think they did certain things) she said she really enjoyed it.

Overall, second viewing was more enjoyable fo rme MAINLY because it was more relaxed, it sounds silly but I felt anxious, nervous, excited for first viewing and I actually got cramps mid-way from the excitement and emotion.... I know - I'm *SUCH* a dork...

But, last night I knew what to expect and just relaxed and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I suggest at least two viewings fans - - - I remember an interview when Taylor said go see New Moon just ONE more time than you went to see Twilight... I saw Twilight in Theatre... 2 or 3 times... and will see New Moon at least 2-3 times THIS WEEKEND ALONE....

hehehehe

After next week I will do a full review with specifics, but I don't want to spoil anything as per Chris Weitz' request ha ha ha

How many of you ahve seen it multiple times? How did your opinion change each time?

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

loved it more the second time. first time i kept thinking, i know where that is, i know when they filmed that. second time was more laid back