Thursday, October 8, 2009

Photos from Tuesday's Set

Katina blogged about her set experiences and posted some excellent photos of the set in the daylight. The same set that I posted evening photos of.



Katina says:
So how do I know (or think I know at least) that it was a newborn scene? Good question.
+ The only car of notice was David Slade’s black SUV arriving about 6:30. His usual driver and very young looking assistant were up front. No other recognizable cars like Kristen or Rob’s were there, so not the main stars.
+ There were an unusually high amount of regular cars, like 80-100 (no joke), meaning not only a lot of crew, but extras! And probably newborn vamps. The number of cars doesn’t even include the trailers, trucks, or transport vans.
+ There were 2 if not 3 mobile dressing room trucks, meaning lots of costumes for lots of people.
+ The background was an old wherehouse and dock, I’m thinking Seattle.
+ There was an ambulance on set, meaning stunts!


Interesting... I was thinking since the newborns exit the water

(I took photos of this being filmed a few weeks ago)

perhaps this is the planning to "go get Bella" and entering the water?

I could be way off - I am just guessing here.... Thoughts?


here’s the dock. I think it’s funny how the ship has the name Victoria on it. Not sure if that was done on purpose or just a coincidence.


oooh - good eye Katina... how clever!!! I like this too!!!



A lot of these shots are from the same location I took my evening photos seen here

Katina continues:


+ There was this huge light across the river from the shoot. A neighbor explained to me that the lights were on a sky jack and the lights are called the “light of God.” They are usually used during nights because the light will be the sun once they convert it to daylight. I was just not too sure about this because that would mean a lot of sparkling.


I saw this light along with other lights at the live set that evening

one point a black Porsche came into the parking lot, but it drove out after awhile. I wonder if it was being diverted to another set.



Katina ends by saying:

I don’t have any expectations anymore, but I was still a little bummed that since I was the only one I didn’t even get a hello. I did, however, get a New Moon poster and a bunch of trading cards, which was nice. And that is really because I believe that I kept it low key. I was asked not to twitter about the location and didn't. I didn’t take flashing pictures at cars. I didn’t get in their way. I was just pretty quiet and stood in the same area. I hope this is a little bit of a lesson to other fans. So no actors seen, but I had a good time.

Sounds like and Look slike a good time. Despite no cast sightings, just seeing the set up and set area is exciting because when the film comes out you will have that connection of having been there!!!!

Thanks Katina!

No comments: