Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh Ryan Gosling....

Ryan Gosling's band Dead Man's Bone played at The Venue in Vancouver last night. I went by earlier in the day and just missed them loading their equipment into the venue. Later I heard they were eating at a local resturant and again, just missed that.

I <3 Ryan Gosling... I'd trade in one of my Robert Pattinson encounters for a Ryan Gosling... but it just wasn't to be....

I was with a few friends and we waited in line to see if we could get tickets to the sold out show. They had "limited door sales available" and sadly a few girls in front of me got the last of them.

I went with friends for drinks and eats on Granville Street then returned at the end of the show. I went around back to see if they were loading up equipment and they were.... but they had 2 dozen spectators.

I figured this would be a lost cause, but I didn't want to give up. Ryan's sister came out to let us know they wouldn't be bringing Ryan out.

Many left. Some stayed. I was one of the stayers.

Many of the choir kids came out with smiles and autographs. He had a children's choire singing with him and they all got autographs - very cool.

When the door was open and they were loading equipment I saw Ryan Gosling walk by, he was looking right out at us and smiled as he chomped on some chewing gum.

Hotter than Hot!

A little while later the bouncer came out and shone a flashlight over to one side as a "distraction" meanwhile a car came up on the other side, the venue side door opened and Ryan ran out into the car and drove away.

Sad.

I mean, I have seen tons more fans at one time waiting for other "stars" and less of a crazy "attempted diversion" ha ha. Come on - a flashlight? ha ha!

Ah well, saw him once from inside, then saw him from the back as he left... it was a failed mission but better than nothing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to meet Ryan. He is definitely Hotter than Hot!! I was lucky enough to meet him twice after the DMB shows. He was really nice and so sexy in person.

You've had multiple Robert Pattinson encounters????