Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today's Set - Exterior Forks High School

Today's Set was indeed the exterior school set.

Although they filmed cafeteria scenes inside David Thompson High School and the graduation Scenes in the auditorium of a different school as well as the graduation party in a local park, today's set was used in New Moon and now Eclipse and is the parking lot of Forks High School.

I went by late last week when it was being set up and got some great shots and returned over the weekend to get some completed set shots and then today popped by for some live set shots.

Taylor, Ashley, Robert, Kristen were all spotted on set. There may have been more (I assume humans, Cullen siblings may have needed to do some shots there) but I didn't see them.

It was awesome to see the vehicles including the school bus, the yellow porsche and of course all the green screens and steps that lead up to the school.

Based on the novel, the cast present, and the photos I got today, here is my best-guess on the scene filmed:

Jacob comes to bust Bella out

I *think* the dude in the suit pacing by the school bus may be a principal who comes out to deal with the encounter.... but I don' tknow this as fact, this is my prediction.... thoughts ?


Here are a few of the photos - I have tons more but am really super tired so I will get to them before the weekend.

From the other day (pre-shooting=closer to set without breaking laws)

Look familiar? Imagine Forks High School where the green screens covered in plastic are





And from today (live set=from a distance without breaking laws)

behind the green screens which will be CGI'd with Forks High School

The woman is a production assistant, the guy in the suit I am guessing could be the principal?

Extra's at school - Love the Forks Jacket

Also:

Twilight-Gossip >(who has a much better camera than I do - jealous!) posted these photos recently:



This week there are two other sets that I know about. I have snapped pre-shooting pics at both (including trailors, props, equipment and background shots) as soon as I know they have wrapped the set I can post photos.

One of the sets will be ongoing for a few weeks, so those photos I may wait on - we shall see.... I hate waiting to post photos but it is better this way.

I can't be giving out sets or photos or hints.... i refuse to play games... there is always a crazy or two in every crowd... and I refuse to be the one who sends her to a set - sorry!

Thanks for your patience and understanding and I hope you continue to enjoy the posts and photos I provide :)

2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

just one or two crazies? lol. again, great pictures Mandy. i am sad to see the Volvo but it never was the right one to begin with lol

Anonymous said...

I think since they are in location already they may be filming the scene where Jacob and Edward have their little silent confrontation AND the scene where Jacob "kidnaps" Bella. Two birds with one stone kind of filming.