Friday, September 25, 2009

Sam Bradley at The Venue in Vancouver Tonight Friday September 25, 2009

Tonight's the Night!

www.vanessaheins.com

I missed Sam Bradley's concert in May because I was at my BFF's Annual Cinco De Mayo Party. I was there in spirit though via tweets from friends who were there.

I am (so to speak) a Sam Bradley Virgin ;) This will be my first time seeing him live and I am very excited about it.

I will be tweeting from the show so be sure to check in on twitter if you can't be at the show.

If you are indeed living under a rock and haven't heard Sam's music Check Out Sam Bradley's Myspace where you can read his full bio, listen to his tunes and see his tour dates, photos and other cool stuff.

His page says:

He has a great sound that soothes the soul and while he was born in London he lived all over the place and settled down in Vancouver several years ago. He call shimself a late bloomer as far as a musician but picked it up quickly and was inspired by friend and musician Marcus Foster.

In 2008, came the Twilight soundtrack. His song “Too Far Gone” - a “gentle compliment to the dinner scene” – was a track he co-wrote with the film’s leading male star Robert Pattinson. It made its way onto the films soundtrack via Pattinson’s version entitled “Never Think.” The soundtrack reached the number one spot on Billboard charts, and the entire Twilight movement reached a pop-cultural status of undeniable proportions – all of it revoked Bradley’s anonymity while providing the jumping off point to begin production on his first formal release.


Despite having lived here, I had not heard of him before Twilight.... I am not going to try and "front" and say, "oh, I was a fan of his music first" and yada yada because that would be dishonest.

It was through Twilight that I discovered him, much like a few other artists I now enjoy. His music is wonderful and I am so glad that Stephenie Meyer's books have transformed into movies. This Twilight phenomena has brought so many great people & things into my life besides just wonderful books.

Tonight should be good - I will tweet you the deets :)

Band Members:
Sam Bradley - Lead vocals/guitar
Mark Kerrey - Drums
Jeff Riedlinger - Bass
Dave Meszaros - Guitar

Check out this video:

1 comment:

TanjaB. said...

I am sure you'll have a great time! I wish I could see one of his concerts too, but it's not likely, at least in the near future. I will be waiting for your tweets eagerly! Have fun!!! :)