Thursday, September 17, 2009

Props on Set - Twilight Vehicles at Jacob's

These photos were emailed to me from @amyburrows .... I am not gonna lie - totally jealous I wasn't there but I had to work... C'est la Vie!

These vehicles were all parked outside Jacob's house. Seriously!!! All of them!!

  • Bella's Truck
  • Motorbike
  • Carlisle's Car
  • Edward's Car
  • Jacob's Car
  • Billy's Truck
  • Blue Tarp... what is underneath? hmm...

    Judging by whose vehicles are there - there are only a few scenes they could have filmed.

    My best guess is when Carlisle comes to fix up Jacob's injuries. That is why his car is there. Bella arrives and goes into see Jacob.....

    You can read the summary of this scene at Twilight Lexicon:

    ...the Quileutes managed to overcome their prejudices enough call in Carlisle. Edward was there too, and Charlie grudgingly admits to being pleasantly surprised by his solicitude for Jake. ...Bella arrives at La Push to find the Cullens gone and Jake awake....When Bella enters Jake’s room, he’s waiting for her, carefully composed.

    ok, ok - enough with my analyzing and guessing - - - on with the photos!!!!

    See? The volvo *IS* grey.... not black!!!

    Can you see the rabbit in behind there?

    Closer look at the Rabbit



    I love seeing the vehicles - since they were made to be so important in Stephenie Meyer's books. I think I am a strange fan... maybe because I met the cast already, or perhaps because I know how hounded they are this time... or more likely because I LOVED the books so much.... but seeing the CARS gets me excited... seeing the FAKE TREES and VAMPIRE EXTRAS makes me excited.... I am sucha Twi-Dork!

    There was also a fire at Jacob's (you can see smoke from behind the house in many pf the photos) I don't know if that was for filming or not.... could be since @GilBirmingham tweeted:

    Long hours, but very rewarding. Great 2 be back with cast and to meet the new cast members...looking forward to the telling of the legend :)

    *Squee* this is all so very exciting - - - - I can't wait to see all the Twilight Movies, it is killing me being this close to the third movie being filmed when I haven't even seen the 2nd yet.... too.long.too.wait.

    **For anyone hoping to see filming at this location - whenever they film here they block off the entire street [much like they have at Bella's] so you can't see anything... I would suggest going when they are NOT filming to get the best look at and photos of the house and possibly left over props.


    --------------------------------------------------
    Stephenie Meyer's Post on the vehicles from Twilight
    --------------------------------------------------
  • 2 comments:

    30 said...

    Thank You!

    clapboard said...

    Excellent post,
    Often, after a film's premiere, the studio will auction off many of the props and costumes used in the film for the purpose of charity.
    Thanks.