Sunday, September 27, 2009

Great Night to meet Twilight Saga Eclipse Cast

Tonight was pretty amazing. I had a chance to go fangirl - and that doesn't happen very often anymore....

After a great day in the sunshine I went to meet friends for drinks. I didn't know they planned dinner too... outside the hotel I saw paprazzi running and they snapped photos of who other than Cam Bright (who I'd not met before, only seen from a far!)

I said hi and his mom offered to take a photo of us - she even joked "you're the first person to get a photo of him in his new hat" (they had just been shopping) I told him how awesome it was to have locals in the films amd asked him if it was weird to have such a following from Twilight when the film he is in hadn't even came out yet. He was super cool and a great kid.

[I cropped me out of most photos and even some of my friends out of some photos as the point of this post is to share pics of the cast - you don't really want or need to see our faces a trillion times ha ha! Also my friends changed their minds and decided to not have their photos posted either so until I have time to recrop them out of photos - you will have to suffer - or add me to facebook malicious.mandy@hotmail.com]

It was just me who had been walking by when Cam and his mom went by, my friend was parking and the other friends were up in their hotel. We all met up and then headed to dinner.

We ate at Glowbal (of course - out of town Twilight fans always do - and it's such great food, how can I say no!?! Mmmmm) it was fantastic service and food as always!

[My fave is Capresse Salad and then off the satay menu i love the Ginger Chicken, Braised Rib, and Kobe Meatballs... to drink - the Van City Martini is delish!]

Friends had dinner reservations at a local steakhouse but I had already eaten dinner so was thinking about going for drinks or dessert with them instead when I heard about a ton of paparazzi outside the steakhouse.

I decided to head over to the steakhouse and have drinks and desserts with my friends there, [while also hoping to check out what the hoop-la was about]

I knew it was David's Slade's birthday and people suspected a "cast party" but I also suspected he was out of town for filming on the island. [Which I believe even more so now based on his tweets tonight]

Still, paparazzi in high numbers usually indicates Twilight Cast... there are few other stars in town that would generate that kind of excitement and since my friends had reservations already I decided - why not?

[Twitter has been a buzz about a fan tipping off paparazzi where the cast was but I can assure you that wasn't me because when I arrived there were a ton of paprazzi there.... long before I was... when I got there actually they'd apparently been there almost 2 hours...]

We went in and two friends were at the bar so we sat and had drinks and had a great time. Our server was awesome and made us a speciality drink that we all loved. <3 Steve aka Kevin ;)

When I went to use the restroom I came out to Charlie Bewley (who I have seen before from a far but had never met) walking down the hall. He said "Hello Ladies" and was flirty with a friend of mine [whose Bday it was also!]

MORE PHOTOS HERE

She told him how sexy his accent was and I was also impressed with how sexy he was... I mean in person, even more than in photos or the big screen... and she was right, the accent DEFFO helped ;)

He chatted with my friend quite a bit and took photos with us and then we joined our group for more drinks.

It wasn't very busy in there and we were pretty excited to have met Charlie. He went into a private room by the restrooms and we went upstairs to our table in the bar/lounge.

As were ordered a new round of drinks Chaske came up to the bar and smiled at us. We said hi but that was about it...

A few seconds later Kellan Lutz walked towards us. I smiled at him and said "Hey Kellan" he smiled and stopped to chat. He is always so willing to chill with fans... that is the one thing I remember from the first time I met him last April at 100 Monkeys.


We took photos with him also - he is always such a nice guy. Talked about Vancouver and filming and how his night has been... then we thanked him for stopping to chat he shook our friends husbands hand and hugged us then told us to "make sure you get the rest of them too when they come up to leave" my friend said "rest of them?" and he said "you should def get pics with the boys when they come up" I said "and we will tell them you said so"

It was pretty funny.

I can't even explain how excited I was... I am (as everyone knows) a huge fan and although I have had an opportunity like this before [I met Rob, Kristen, Kellan, Ashley, Nikki, Peter, Jackson, Elizabeth etc. etc.] it has been a long time and not with a lot of the "new" cast! Now here I was, drinking in the bar that much of the twilight cast was at! Awesome! We didn't know who "the rest of them" was but it was exciting already to have chatted with Kellan and met Charlie.

#1 question to me on twitter tonight... DID YOU SEE ROB AND KRISTEN?

I did not see Rob or Kristen so I don't think they were there - but I don't always know everything and I really want that to be clear... my OPINION is they were not there but I do not know either way for sure. They were apparently spotted hopping into a taxi together this evening somewhere else - where they were at and where they were going I have no idea... I am not a robsten stalker (despite what some may think lol)

I can only tell you who I saw there... if there were others that went out a back door then I would not have known they were there.... I did NOT see Rob, Kristen, Ashley, Jackson, Peter, Taylor, Elizabeth, Nikki, Xavier... none were there to my knowledge...

Let's get back to who WAS there :-)

The "wolf pack" came up stairs to the bar and we talked about filming and they were so fun and eager to chat with us. The hostess was hailing a taxi and so they waited in side with us and took photos and joked around. Super friendly bunch and much better looking in person than photographs I have seen.

MORE PHOTOS HERE

Soon a lot of cast and some of their family came up to the bar/lounge we were in and were just standing around chatting, waiting for taxi's to pull up outside.

I did approach Jodelle, whose mom was with her and very kind. Jodelle was quite shy but super sweet and agreed to a photo with me.



Bryce and Julia Jones were waiting also so I asked them both for a photo... yes... people are going to say I was "bothering" them but the rest of them had been so courteous and they were waitng for cabs inside literally right beside our table... I just couldn't hide the fan girl inside...

I am so glad I asked for photos and chatted with the cast because I met so many cast tonight and it was fantastic....



Wyck Godfrey was there and we smiled at him but I didn't talk to him because I was fangirling it up with Stephenie Meyer.

While she was waiting for a cab she waved at us and I told her it was so amazing to get a photo with her at 100 Monkeys - I told her a few people were upset I had disturbed her at the show but she said it was no problem and it's great to meet fans.

I chatted with her quite a bit about how amazing it was her dream turned into these books and now movies and she said she really always just wrote for fun but was so happy everyone liked it so much.

We talked about how great it is to get kids reading again and I told her about how a bunch of teenaged girls actually got me to buy the first book... (yada yada I don't need to type out my story - we all have our own story about how we first read Twilight....) but i told her my story and she said she loved hearing fans stories on how Twilight came to them and what it's done for them.

Then one of the people she was with came inside to tell her the ride was there so I thanked her for chatting and she stopped for a few photos with some other fans and then left.

I got a photo last time at 100 monkeys but barely spoke to her - so this time it was amazing to chat with her - i am so shocked she is in town still/again!!

Daniel Cudmore (Felix) was one of the last people there waiting and MAN is he ever TALL!!!! I didn't get a photo with him, I did take photos of my friends with him then his taxi arrived so we said thanks and goodnight.

MORE PHOTOS HERE

I was thrilled to have met so many cast members that I hadn't met before. It was an exciting evening and even the handful of negative people on twitter couldn't ruin this night :)


MORE PHOTOS HERE

Some people don't like that I have these opportunities and they try to make up lies to bring me down or make me look bad publicly.... maybe they are jealous or perhaps they just disagree with how I handle myself in situations when I meet the cast.

Although i disagree with how they act towards me, they are entitled to their opinions and if they ever find themselves in my situation they are welcome to handle it however they wish - but they weren't there tonight nor were they in the past when I have met the cast.... and so I handled it how I wanted.... and you can handle it how you want to should you have the opportunity also.

If you disagree with me don't read my blog, write your own!

Thanks so much for reading :-)

MORE PHOTOS HERE

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting a great report so late tonight/this morning! I love reading about your experiences, and you are very generous about sharing them. You're fantastic! I'm also very excited that you got to meet with Stephanie a second time and got to chat with her.

kaosgremlin said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Screw the haters! I love the fact that you have these kinds of oportunities and that you are happy to share them with the world! Considering the fact that I live half way around the world, the only way to see a glimpse into it all is to rely on the adventures of others and I, for one, am overjoyed that you do what you do. Without you and fans like you, the rest of us would have no idea of any of this... the sets.. the outings... the way the cast is when the cameras are off. It's entertaining and exciting and even though I am totally green with envy.. LMAO... I love what you do and how you do it! Thank you again and again and again!

Kaosgremlin

Feds said...

this is amazing...i'm so happy for you...and you were great...not too crazy and you get a chance to talk with all of them....you must feel so happy right now.
by the way KELLAN WAS THE FUNNIEST also with the flirty charlie ahahahaaha i heart both of them...and i wanna have a chance to meet kellan too..but unfortunately i'm italian so i guess i had just to plan a trip over there ahahaha...so i can be call a stalker too ahaha..people are always mean because they are envy this is my opinion...and i'm so happy that you share your experience even if people talk bad about you.
i heart you a lot

Disneygirl13 said...

Wow, that is quite the evening!! I think you do a great job meeting the cast as opposed to some who run up and tackle them!! Keep up the great posting!!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the haters. It sounds like you were respectful. They could have said Hi and walked away, but they chose to talk.

Really great pictures! So many good looking people, including your friends!

Saskia said...

Hi Mandy, yes I'm very very jeolous of you and I wish I could be there in Vancouver, but I like that you write everything down for us and I like the way you write and I think you're an upright person. If I read your blog it feels I'm closeby so don't stop bloggin and twittering!

Saskia
Netherlands

melo said...

Mandy - I think you do a great job of reporting, and I truly respect your handling of everything. It speaks of a maturity and class that a lot of other people are completely lacking. You never make things up or try to see things that aren't there, and for that I will always come to you first for the goings on of the Twi-crew.

Thanks for all you do and disregard the haters. There are far more people who love you!

melo said...

Mandy - I wanted to say thank you for all the time you spend giving us info (legit info) on the Twi-crew. Being on the east coast, it's hard since we don't have the ability to be there like you.

I respect your feelings on keeping locations secure for the cast and crew. You show a level of class and maturity that is lacking with many other websites and bloggers.

Thanks for all you do and please don't pay any attention to the haters. There are many more of us who love you.

Keep up the good work!

Diane said...

First time I've come to this post, and I was surprised to find that your intriguing encounters were all conducted with respect for the actors as people. I try to avoid photos or blogs that are part of the "problem" - making life harder for the celebrities. Yours seems to be part of the solution - conveying your interest and support, while letting the actors decide how much they want to interact. The problem is your chosen name. I - along with others who heard you had good info - assumed anyone calling themselves "Malicious" was out to cause trouble, grabbing attention for themselves at the expense of the celebs and their right to any kind of personal life. Very confusing message!

Anonymous said...

OMG you did have an amazing night. You hit the twilight jackpot. When my sister and I were coming over the border we hit it too, well not like you think. We had to go inside, she had wanted to go with my daughter to vancouver about 8 years ago, but didn't have written permission from me, so now that is on her record everytime we go, was pretty funny. But onto the fun stuff, we were sitting in traffic heading to yaltown, and out comes Jackson out of the van in front of us, he has such a great smile, sadly we didn't get a photo, but that was ok, it was nice to see him. But we did find Glowbol and bluewater, but we weren't dressed to go in. But it sure was a happening place. Thanks for your updates, that Daniel really is tall, woohoo. Great other photos btw. pretty cool stuff. Thanks again for your posts. Have to admit the ugly green monster reared it's ugly head last night, but my sister and I had a wonderful day. Expect by the end of the day, my back was killing me from doing all the driving, ha ha ha. oh well. have a great rest of the weekend. cheers

Anonymous said...

you go girl!!!! ;)

11:11'er said...

Hey Mandy, thanks for sharing. Everytime you post a new story, it makes me feel like I was there. Screw the haters, they just wish they were on your shoes. I live in Florida and since my birthday is coming up, I was thinking about going to Vancouver for the weekend. I've always wanted to go to Canada, and since I'm a huge twifan, it seems like the perfect timing. I really dont know how big the city is, or the places I should visit, but what are the odds of running across one of the cast?

17foreverlisa said...

Damn straight I'm jealous, but I would never bite the hand that feeds my obsession :) I love your blog and look forward to your updates each and every day!

weezieh42 said...

What an awesome chance you had. Thank you for your blog and really thank you for sharing the photos you did not have to. It is much appreicated.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic night! Stephenie Meyer! Wowza. The haters are just jealous and that's unfortunate. The point that all "fans" should focus on is that you always ask them first if they mind taking a photo. If they say no, then so be it but at least you ASK and show respect that way. And you do talk to them like the people they are and not just the characters they portray.

You are very lucky and thanks for sharing your story.

chuckita said...

Mandy I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience! I'm so jelly of you! =p jk, but really though! ;) It is so awesome how you get to meet all the cast members & i think its great that you get to chat with them. & i have to say I TOTALLY RESPECT that you don't post pics of set's until they've wrapped them. That IS awesome. Because I feel so bad for them sometimes. Anyway THANK YOU for sharing your experiences again! Keep posting! I check everyday! It makes me wanna live in Vancouver! =p

nandajudoca said...

Melhor Blog! Eu sou do Brasil e nunca olhar seu blog, é o melhor!
beijo