Friday, September 4, 2009

Fan Site Fridays Continue...



Twilight Lexicon's Fan Site Friday Continues with an interview with Chris Weitz:

Chris Weitz talked with us for thirty minutes. After five we knew New Moon was in good hands, after ten we knew he was a genius, and after fifteen well…you read and you decide. He’s definitely one of those “who would you want in a foxhole” kind of guys.



Q: Have you talked to Stephenie Meyer- has she given you any tips?


Chris: Oh yeah we speak all the time. We email back and forth all the time. She’s been to visit the set, and I went down to Arizona to hang out with her. Yeah I’m running stuff past her constantly so that the mythology of the series isn’t violated. I don’t want to pull any fast ones or make any mistakes in terms of things that I present which don’t make sense in her universe. You would have to ask her, I don’t want to make any claims, you’d have to ask her to the degree to which she is satisfied. At least she says to me that she feels the film is very beautiful, and that’s not a credit to me that’s more Javier Aguirresarobe the DP who does absolutely beautiful work. And the idea is to try to make as elegant and beautiful a rendering of the book as possible.


Read their entire transcript and listen to sound bits here

No comments: