Thursday, July 30, 2009

Twi-Con in Dallas... Starts Today.

TwiCon, the first fan run convention featuring both the actors and fan panels, starts today in Dallas, Texas and runs through Sunday.



I very much planned to go to this - but funds were low at the time and hotels were SUPER PRICEY!!!!

Twilight LExicon Reports:

The convention was featured in The Dallas Morning News:

“TwiCon 2009 has sold out, even at $255 a ticket. That buys attendees four days of access to serious-minded academic panel discussions (one is called “Your mood swings are kinda giving me whiplash: Twilight Fans and the Negotiation of Gender and Feminism”), Bella-themed self-defense classes, a TwilightMOMs meeting room, a fan fiction contest and (natch) a Red Cross blood drive.”


Plus, Eclipse comes to *ME* (yes, me personally, as in they come to Vancouver and stay at my house and film in my yard.... er... i wish!!!) soon.... so why spend all the money and time which I can't spare... when I may just have equal opportunities while they are chillin' in my 'hood!!?!?!

I hope everyone has a BLAST and I look forward to all the reports from my fave peeps who are there :)

No comments: