Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Dills Show @ The Met April 18, 2009

Original Post April 18, 2009
We decided to go to The Met where Sage&the Dills were playing... Minus the Dills.

We sat down and saw Nikki come in. Soon after Rob came in and then Kristen!

The 3 hung out by the stage and were very gracious allowing poses for photos.

Omg I'm freaking out!

I talked to Rob and Kristen and Nikki and Sage individually and I am just soooooo excited!

Let me calm down and then I'll write. I'll post some pix but some I'm keeping for my personal collection, I have seen how quickly images and video are exploited and hope to keep a few for myself :)

-----------------------------------------------------

I am still completely stunned!

MeMy and I went to see The Dills Show at The Met downtown (Abbott St.) Vancouver

I had an amazing bowl of $5 Spaghetti Mmmmmm!

{Mandy's Mind - edit November 2009 - this is the night mentioned in the MTV Special ]

We were chillin' at our table when we saw Nikki Reed enter. She looked fabulous wearing a toque, grey scarf and high boots. I must tell you how much I adore Nikki, as if I hadn't told you repeatedly already eh? But we will get to yet another reason shortly.

Sage began playing.... she joked that the Dill's were the phantom Dill's tonight, as they weren't there.... so it was just her. She also gave a shout out to Her best friend (Nikki) who was a "superstar"



A few minutes later Kristen comes in. She is wearing very large glasses and a heavy jacket. She joined Nikki near where Sage was performing.

Very soon after Rob walked in. He looked around a bit to find the two ladies and then joined them.

As soon as he walked in MeMy just grabbed my leg and I knew - I tried to glance casually but my heart was thudding uncontrollably....

Patricia, a fellow fan who we had met at the 100 Monkeys Show was there and we chatted with her... very nearby where the three friends were standing, watching the band.

Patricia apparently bought a round for Robert.... very nice gesture :P

Rob came by where we were and girls had started to group... when I asked him for a photo he surprisingly said sure (I know he is not a fan of photos and can be worried about them being on a "blog somewhere" as he told Holly Conway from The Beat)

My battery was in wrong *of COURSE!!!* so my cam wouldn't turn on, MeMy was about to take a pic so I joined and the three of us smiled, her on one side with her arm around him and me on the other side.

In that time I switched the battery around and he graciously leaned into me for a pic... well it was on VIDEO!!!!! *seriously?!?! could anything MORE go wrong with my cam at that exact freaking moment?!?!?*

So the red light illuminates us a couple times as you can see in that video...but it isn't taking a pic... further more I AM SHAKING.... I have my hand up (I prefer to do self portraits, those who know me know me best for holding my hand out and taking a pic of me and someone by myself) I even told him "I am freaking out" ha ha

Here is the silliness that should have been a photo but was a video - vertical - dark - I was a mess...





I say to him "I am shaking" he says "why?" with a smile... I tell him he makes me nervous!!!! he tells me he gets nervous too - or don't be nervous or something along those lines - with a smile.... *melts*

I quickly try to figure out my cam while another girl gets pics and autographs. Seconds later, my cam is in working condition - - - battery in, set to still photo not video, flash on....

I tell him I fixed it and he poses again with me to get the photo I had attempted for a few times LOL

There is actually a youtube video of someone else's who captures this interaction - - - ahhhh! VIDEO PROOF of my time with RPattz

You can see MeMy and I with RPattz and the flash of the cam... then you can hear me saying he makes me nervous as the red light and no flash brightens our faces and at the end of her video you can hear me tell him it's fixed - - like the dork I am

OMG

Here is the youtube video - it is not my cam or video - but it is me in it :P







I did not think I'd be so shooken up - i was literally shaking and grinning and just - - a total mess ha ha ha Rob was so sweet, he smiled and laughed and although soft spoken was responsive to conversation.... :)

Afterwards (maybe 15 minutes went by.... they were only there for maybe a half hour or so total...) a crowd was surrounding Nikki, Rob, Kristen and Sage who was still playing.....

They seemed to be short staffed at the pub and only one security and the manager were standing trying to keep people back.

I went up to Nikki and spoke to her about a few things close to my heart (including writing and of course that my 6 year old daughter loved her best in the movie because she had long blonde hair like my daughter has ha ha ha - My kiddo has been a tad mad at me for not mentioning her to the cast I have encountered.... little does my daughter realize when i've seen them I've been to star-struck to speak much ha ha ha) Nikki was just so sweet....

She told the security I was "good to stay here" as he tried (and FAILED!) to clear people away from them.... and she let me take a pic, then called Kristen over to take a pic with me too...



Nikki gave me a HUGE hug and was just so unbelievably awesome... I can't even express how rad she is and how much i adore her! <3 <3 <3 Sage, Kristen and Nikki posed for a photo together and then - along with Rob - they headed out.



The rush of people to the street was insane - Paps were there and they tried to get into a limo, but it was obviously challenging due to lack of security and amount of people....

They did and they rolled the window down to wave.

One of them (Kristen would be my guess, but maybe Sage - does she smoke?) threw their hald smoked cigarette out the window - to which - you guessed it - a fan ran to grab...

I mean, I am hard-core but stealing their smoked cigarette? is that weird?

I guess I am not as creepy as I thought... well... there are always creepier at least ;)

Anyways - they were gone and we were done...

Whatta great Night!

I have to say that the entire cast I have had the pleasure of (and hard work trying to) meet ha been absolutely amazing.... i keep saying how patient and gracious they are and it is really so true!

I am so impressed with the kindness they show their fans and it makes me even more thrilled to be such an uuber fan....

Best Night Ever!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am still keeping the pic I took of Rob and Me for my own collection, but seems others had taken pics and posted them - oh - everywhere!

So here are OTHERS photos of me and Rob ;)

First me trying to fix my stupid camera (ok I was the stupid one, battery in wrong, set to video not camera, flash off.... *sigh* I was tooo nervous) But he was super sweet about it all....



And finally when I was taking a pic, someone elses snapped their own version....



I have seen them on a few sites, I do not know who took them originally so if you know let me know :) and THANK-YOU!!! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob looks beyond beautiful in the last photo!