Sunday, May 24, 2009

Canucks Spirit in Vancouver



So - I am a known band-wagon jumper. And this year, like many years before, I jumped on the Canucks band-wagon once they started doing well. This year, however, I hopped on before the play-offs because I was given some free tickets to a game.


My husband, who is more of a football fan than hockey (he is American also, if that makes a difference... I think it does) came with me to the game and became hooked.



Canucks won, always a plus when you attend the game, and since then he has followed the Canucks and the NHL in general, quite closely.


It was exciting to see the loud, crazy people in their Canucks Jersey's shouting in the streets, the heavily intoxicated men and women united in cheering for their home team, the team spirit that ignited the city once again.....


Of course, all good things must come to an end, and the Canucks play-off time was all-too-short.... after sweeping the St Louis Blues, we were beat by Chicago.

Another Canucks season passes, but the spirit of Vancouverites during Canucks high was invigorating and I hope it returns next year, perhaps to go all the way?

No comments: